For fourteen years Oprah ran a column in O Magazine called “What I Know For Sure.”
It’s an interesting question. In truth, the longer I have played with Access tools, the more I have found that almost everything I thought was true and real throughout my life was actually a lie or a construct. Many things I thought I was sure of have long disappeared.
And yet, in my time on the planet, there are some things that I actually know, really know, from deep within me that have no diminished but instead keep getting stronger and clearer. I would like to share them with you here. And as I do, remember that what is true for you is light. Do any of these match what you know to be true? And if so, I wonder what kind of planet we can create together?
I keep asking:
AND I KNOW FOR SURE…
- That we are greater together than apart.
- That together we can change anything–including everything that ails our planet.
- That judgment is a choice, NOT something we’re born with.
- That there is greatness within each of us and only a small percentage of us will have the courage to be different enough to choose it.
- And…that the more of us that see the greatness in ourselves, the greater the world gets.
- That choice is our greatest capacity.
- Our differences are part of our greatness and should be embraced not eliminated.
Thank you for the gift you are in the world. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that our differences, embraced rather than judged and made wrong, will bring about a greater world.
Till next time, beautifuls!
PS. I mention the last Being You Hangout for the year in this video — How to Survive the Holidays and Still Be You!
Here it is!